noun[mass noun] Finance
- The process of restoring to profit a provision for bad or doubtful debts previously made against profits and no longer required.More example sentences
- Net profit was HK $354,000, compared with a net loss of HK $13.6 million a year earlier, due to a one-off tax provision write-back and improved margins.
- The company said it will post a NT $5 billion one-time gain in the form of a special reserves write-back, aided by a Ministry of Finance rule change.
- In respect of investments, there is a write-back of provision to the extent of Rs 86.74 crore against the investment depreciation of Rs 67.49 crore in the first quarter of 2002-03.
More definitions of write-backDefinition of write-back in:
- The US English dictionary