noun (plural writers-in-residence)
- A writer holding a temporary residential post in an academic establishment, in order to share their professional insights.More example sentences
- Robert Biy has joined him as a writer-in-residence at the Writing Seminars, and they give talks about poets such as James Wright, which make students glad to be alive and glad to be there.
- Memorial Park Library has chosen Martine Bates as their writer-in-residence this fall.
- I am a writer-in-residence at the Paden Institute and Retreat for Writers of Color in Essex, New York.
More definitions of writer-in-residenceDefinition of writer-in-residence in:
- The US English dictionary