(Of an act) not fair, just, or legal: he is suing the police for wrongful arrest
More example sentences
- In the passage cited above he referred to the defendant's asking the court to sanction his committing a wrongful act.
- In all cases the primary question is one of fact: did the wrongful act cause the injury?
- First, compensation can only be appropriate where the damage has been caused by the wrongful act.
- Example sentences
- No attempt is made to assert that the conduct or omission reaches a sufficient level of wrongfulness to warrant the intervention of a criminal court and the imposition of a criminal sanction.
- If evidence was brought which proved that the child had reached a stage of development whereby he understood the wrongfulness of his act, he would be convicted.
- In other words, we are going to get into the circumstances of the rightfulness or wrongfulness of the gentleman's removal from this country in the first place.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: wrong|ful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.