- A small New Zealand plover with grey and white plumage and a bill that bends to the right.
More example sentences
- Anarhynchus frontalis, family Charadriidae
- Shorebirds endemic to New Zealand, wrybills are the only birds with side-durving beaks.
- The endemic wrybill has the unique characteristic of a bill bent to the right.
- The group has received no formal funding but has managed on a shoe string to make significant gains in protecting the wrybill and making the local community aware of the importance of this population.