Entry from US English dictionary
1Treatment with or exposure to X-rays.
- Many biologically important molecules are destroyed by exposure to x-radiation and can only be investigated by a rapid exposure method.
- Photographers need to protect film from x-radiation.
- The federal x-radiation testing completed on your product can be used to reduce or eliminate additional x-radiation testing that may be necessary for UL Listing of that same product.
1.1Radiation in the form of X-rays.
- For example, in the accretion disk, a swirling region of infalling material surrounding a black hole or other source of powerful gravity in space, ultraviolet and x-radiations are preferentially emitted at different distances from the center.
- Reduce the risk of x-radiation exceeding 0.5 mrd in a one-hour period at a distance of 5 cm from accessible surfaces outside the treatment zone.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.