noun (plural x-axes)
- The principal or horizontal axis of a system of coordinates, points along which have a value of zero for all other coordinates.More example sentences
- By drawing a line through the points I could find where they crossed the x-axis, then measure the distance between crossings.
- In order to compare the evolution of foraging variables between birds, the x-axis was transformed into a percentage.
- Next, the student selects the endpoints for the integral by clicking with the mouse on the x-axis in the graph window.
More definitions of x-axisDefinition of x-axis in:
- The US English dictionary