- The height of a lower-case x, considered characteristic of a given typeface or script.More example sentences
- I'm imagining a lot of snobbish backroom complaining: ‘The lowercase x-height is ghastly!’
- The x-height is usually the height of the unextended lowercase letters.
- If you're wondering why designers didn't anticipate this problem by simply designing fonts with larger x-heights and blobby serifs, you are not alone: you stand together with Tony Stan, designer of ITC Garamond.
More definitions of x-heightDefinition of x-height in:
- The US English dictionary