adjective• technical or • literary
- Yellowish.More example sentences
- The cloth of the flag should be either of xanthic or of greyish blue colour and on top of the flag post, there should either be a spearhead or a Khanda (a straight dagger with convex side edges leading to slanting top edges ending in a vertex).
- The possibility of degenerative xanthic changes in a simple bone cyst was also considered in this case, but it was discounted owing to the clinical and radiological features and relatively abundant amounts of foam cells present.
- Salts and esters of xanthic acid are xanthates.
early 19th century: from Greek xanthos 'yellow' + -ic.
More definitions of xanthicDefinition of xanthic in:
- The US English dictionary