- An organic acid containing the group —OCS2H, examples of which are typically reactive solids.More example sentences
- Xanthate anions and protonated xanthic acid contain a free thiol moiety and are highly reductive.
- However, since the collector film is unstable in air, the adsorption of xanthic acid appears to be more logical.
- Salts and esters of xanthic acid are xanthates.
early 19th century: xanthic from Greek xanthos 'yellow' + -ic.
More definitions of xanthic acidDefinition of xanthic acid in:
- The US English dictionary