Definition of xenobiotic in English:
Relating to or denoting a substance, typically a synthetic chemical, that is foreign to the body or to an ecological system: xenobiotic synthesis
More example sentences
- One of the effects of flavonoids is the ability to modulate xenobiotic metabolism.
- One of the important functions of macrophages is to scavenge xenobiotic substances.
- With this in mind, the inactivation of mycotoxins in the body should parallel aspects of xenobiotic detoxification.
noun(usually xenobiotics) Back to top
A xenobiotic substance.
- The upper part, in contact with the air, can be treated with xenobiotics via a donor chamber.
- Metabolism of xenobiotics plays an important role in chemical carcinogenesis.
- Individual variation exists in absorption, metabolism, and excretion rates of xenobiotics.
Definition of xenobiotic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia