- Any of various diseases characterized by extreme dryness of the skin, especially a mild form of ichthyosis.More example sentences
- These include albinism, xeroderma pigmentosa, Bazex's syndrome, and the naevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (Gorlin's syndrome).
- In this study we report normal UV-upregulation of reporter expression in xeroderma pigmento-sum group E fibroblasts, consistent with normal TCR.
- Individual DNA repair capacity strongly influences skin cancer susceptibility as illustrated in cancer prone DNA repair-deficient xeroderma pigmentosutn patients.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from xero- 'dry' + Greek derma 'skin'.
More definitions of xerodermaDefinition of xeroderma in:
- The US English dictionary