Entry from US English dictionary
1Any one of six isomeric compounds that are derived from xylene and used in the manufacture of dyes.
- Chemical formula: (CH3)2C6H3NH2.
- A special attention will be given to the treatment of the groundwaters and soil of the Keila-Joa former missile base territory contaminated with the two-component rocket fuel containing xylidines and triethylamine.
- BMW dedicated a large amount of development work to different combinations of amines, xylidines and anilines which comprised their Tonka fuel series.
- The total capacity annually is 3000 tons of xylidines.
1.1A mixture of xylidine isomers in the form of an oily liquid.
- Xylidines are typically yellow liquids (except 3,4-xylidine which is solid) that darken when exposed to air and light.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.