noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A sugar of the pentose class which occurs widely in plants, especially as a component of hemicelluloses.More example sentences
- The pretreated fiber contains sugars, mainly arabinose and xylose and some glucose.
- The major sugars were glucose, xylose, galactose, and arabinose, while uronic acid, rhamnose, mannose, and fucose represented the minor sugars.
- There are eight essential saccharides: mannose, glucose, galactose, xylose, fucose, N-acetylglucosamine, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
More definitions of xyloseDefinition of xylose in:
- The US English dictionary