- A geometrical diagram, or any object, used as an aid to meditation in tantric worship.More example sentences
- They sit in a circle with a drawing on the ground, of a large circular diagram called Mandala or yantra.
- Therefore forms of Durga are worshipped with their respective yantras.
- Indeed, there are Hindu temples which have in the sanctum sanctorum no image at all but a yantra, a symbolic or mystic diagram.
Sanskrit, literally 'device for holding or fastening'.
More definitions of yantraDefinition of yantra in:
- The US English dictionary