adjective (yappier, yappiest)• informal
- 1(Of a dog) inclined to bark in a sharp, shrill way: a yappy little pekeMore example sentences
- Lots of men in tweeds and their small yappy type dogs engaged in some kind of competition.
- Put on a fedora, start smoking White Owls, walk with a hunch and get a yappy dog.
- Mostly there's sweat and crankiness and small yappy dogs getting under my feet.
- 1.1Inclined to talk foolishly or at length: his yappy, enthusiastic sidekickMore example sentences
- He left office tagged as ‘Dennis the Menace’ and labeled by one Cleveland Press columnist as a ‘brutal, vain, yappy, little demagogue.’
- The actors are doing their best but Ted Tally's yappy, affected script and Ratner's apparent dearth of vision don't leave room for characterization, just performances of one or two notes each.
- The yappy Yank who did not shut up for the entirety of the boat trip round the Dunvegan seal colony, asking stupid question after stupid question and then giving a running commentary on her emotional reaction to what she saw.
More definitions of yappyDefinition of yappy in:
- The US English dictionary