- 1The amount of beer (typically two to three pints) held by a narrow glass about a yard high.More example sentences
- For birthdays, no celebration is complete without the downing of the yard of ale.
- There is still enough dance space to swing to and enough seating space to sidle up to the off fraulein and offer her a sip of your yard of ale.
- The kind of spellbinding tale that goes down well with several yards of ale and of the genre that can often be heard in our local Shenanigans.
- 1.1A glass for serving a yard of ale.More example sentences
- I know that in most pubs offering yards of ale, the trick is to drink the tubular tipple without spilling brew all over oneself, but at that price I was not prepared to experiment, and no-one in the lunchtime crowd seemed tempted either.
- A Yard of Ale will typically hold two or three pints of ale, (never lager!).
More definitions of yard of aleDefinition of yard of ale in:
- The US English dictionary