Definition of yardage in English:
1A distance or length measured in yards: the caddie was working out yardages from tee to green
More example sentences
- He was always tossing clubs and accusing me of getting yardages wrong.
- I'm doing it properly, wearing the bib and so on, but I won't have to walk the course to get the yardages.
- He gets good yardages before the tournament, and is savvy about making adjustments to suit changing conditions.
2 [mass noun] archaic The use of a yard for storage or the keeping of animals, or payment for such use.
- In Experiment 3, yardage was charged on a daily basis.
- You can also lose income with commissions, yardage, inspection fees, and other costs.
- The financial performance of the cooperative is on schedule, says Vachal, with debt repayments being drawn from the feed and yardage charges paid by member-customers.
Words that rhyme with yardageadage • bandage • headage
Definition of yardage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan