Definition of yardage in English:
1A distance or length measured in yards: the caddie was working out yardages from tee to green
More example sentences
- He was always tossing clubs and accusing me of getting yardages wrong.
- I'm doing it properly, wearing the bib and so on, but I won't have to walk the course to get the yardages.
- He gets good yardages before the tournament, and is savvy about making adjustments to suit changing conditions.
2 [mass noun] archaic The use of a yard for storage or the keeping of animals, or payment for such use.
- In Experiment 3, yardage was charged on a daily basis.
- You can also lose income with commissions, yardage, inspection fees, and other costs.
- The financial performance of the cooperative is on schedule, says Vachal, with debt repayments being drawn from the feed and yardage charges paid by member-customers.
Words that rhyme with yardageadage • bandage • headage
Definition of yardage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.