Entry from US English dictionary
1A yellow pigment that usually contains limonite, a yellowish-brown oxide of iron.
- The hues, one to a box, ranged widely, including signal red, cadmium blue and yellow ocher.
- Additional details are painted with an earth-toned palette of clay red, burnt umber, yellow ocher, and black.
- Of the fraktur with an inorganic yellow colorant, two were identified as chrome yellow, one as yellow ocher, and four as orpiment.
1.1A moderate orange color with yellow overtones.
- An array of pale blue, orange, sienna and yellow ocher hues illuminate the scene, as the dynamic thrust of the composition suggests an implosion.
- Yellow ochers are no more standard in nature than the reds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.