- another term for choler.More example sentences
- Our bodies were thought to be composed of blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile just as the world at large consisted of earth, air, fire, and water.
- Until the acceptance of germ theory as the cause of disease, the theory and practice of medicine were based on the Hippocratic tenet that the four humors of the human body dictated disease: blood, yellow bile, black bile, and phlegm.
- Each of these four humours is related to the three principal points of the body: head, heart, black bile and yellow bile (the liver's complement, the gall bladder).
More definitions of yellow bileDefinition of yellow bile in:
- The US English dictionary