- A yellowish loess occurring in northern China.More example sentences
- YANAN (China): A beetle sustains itself from the growth of a newly reforested hillside overlooking terraced fields of compact yellow earth, known as loess.
- In winter in Hunan, the wind howls bone-cold across bare fields of dry yellow earth, kicking up the dust so that it stings the eyes of the horses and makes men squint as they lean into the frozen air.
- It is a piece of land that has experienced the ravages of history including being flooded by the Yellow River several times before, leaving mud and sand behind and making it a famous yellow earth zone.
More definitions of yellow earthDefinition of yellow earth in:
- The US English dictionary