- (In a cycling race involving stages, especially the Tour de France) a yellow sports shirt worn each day by the rider who is ahead on time over the whole race to that point, and presented to the rider with the shortest overall time at the finish of the race.More example sentences
- He did not know it, but when he sprang away, he was racing for the yellow jersey.
- Winners of each stage wear a yellow jersey much like some other famous race.
- Bonjour rider Francois Simon of France captured the yellow jersey of the overall leader.
More definitions of yellow jerseyDefinition of yellow jersey in:
- The US English dictionary