- A partly parasitic yellow-flowered plant whose ripe seeds are shed into a pouch which rattles when shaken, found in both Europe and eastern North America.
More example sentences
- Rhinanthus minor, family Scrophulariaceae
- Soon the seeds in the inflated seed cases of the yellow rattle will be hard and rattle at a brush.
- Gone are many hay meadows containing butterfly attracting field scabious, and yellow rattle whose seed capsules rattle in the wind explains Majella Moloney Teagasc Advisor, Ballina.
- Over 103 species of grasses and herbs have been recorded in the meadows including green-winged orchid, common spotted orchid, adder's tongue, pepper-saxifrage, yellow rattle and saw-wort.