- The region of greatest visual acuity around the fovea of the eye; the macula lutea (see macula).More example sentences
- For example, lutein and zeaxanthin are the major pigments of the yellow spot in the human retina.
- The focus is on a 3-millimeter-wide yellow spot, called the macula lutea, toward the back and center of the eye.
- These deposits are visible to a doctor who looks inside the eye as small yellow spots known as drusen (singular: druse).
More definitions of yellow spotDefinition of yellow spot in:
- The US English dictionary