- Any of a number of trees which have yellowish timber or yield a yellow dye, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a North American tree of the pea family (Cladrastis lutea, family Leguminosae). ● a podocarp tree.
- Cape parrots occur in the moist forests of the southern and eastern parts of South Africa and use yellow-wood trees as roosts, nesting space and as a food source.
- Yellow-wood is a rare, even endangered species of the eastern U.S., named in pioneer days from its heartwood's striking deep yellow color.
- The Yellowwood grows in the rich moist soils of hardwood forests, especially along stream banks, limestone cliffs, and valleys.
More definitions of yellow-woodDefinition of yellow-wood in:
- The US English dictionary