- A rare New Zealand songbird with a yellow head and underparts, found only on the South Island.
More example sentences
- Mohoua ochrocephala, family Pachycephalidae (or Acanthizidae)
- They attack the birds that nest in holes, so a heavy seeding puts birds such as the kaka, parakeet and yellowhead more at risk.
- It is an emergency response programme to bird species that are endangered, such as the orange fronted kakariki, whio or blue duck, and yellowhead.
- Without that response the endangered yellowhead, which lives in that valley, will be in grave danger if rat numbers continue to rise and reach plague proportions.