noun (plural yogis)
- A person who is proficient in yoga.More example sentences
- Descended from a long line of respected yogis in Yoga Vedanta philosophy, Swamiji was born in Rajasthan in Northwestern India where he has established a school and other social welfare facilities.
- The sued yogis point out that yoga is a 5,000 year old tradition, and find it hard to understand how you can copyright a ‘pose’.
- Each December, the guru leaves his Manhattan studio to run a seven-Day Miami beach yoga intensive for yogis of all levels.
from Sanskrit yogī, from yoga (see yoga).
More definitions of yogiDefinition of yogi in:
- The US English dictionary