(also yoghurt or yoghourt)
- A semi-solid sourish food prepared from milk fermented by added bacteria: low-fat yogurt [count noun]: frozen yogurtsMore example sentences
- Chilled soup of Jaffa orange and natural yoghurt and oregano ice cream is served in the summer.
- Cram the lumps of chicken into hot pitta bread with the spiced yoghurt and some shredded crisp lettuce.
- Whizz the avocado, yoghurt, milk, lemon juice and vinegar in a blender until smooth.
early 17th century: from Turkish yoǧurt.
More definitions of yogurtDefinition of yogurt in:
- The US English dictionary