- 1(In the UK) a criminal from 14 to 17 years of age.More example sentences
- The scheme was devised by police and Bolton Youth Offending Team to help young offenders between the ages of 10 and 17 curb crime.
- It is obviously desirable that, where appropriate, young offenders should not be tried before the Crown Court unless this is clearly necessary.
- Mr Leigh also said the board needed to examine why the proportion of young offenders given jail sentences varied significantly across England and Wales.
- 1.1(In Canada) a criminal from 12 to 17 years of age.More example sentences
- Next week we look at how the court deals with criminal cases involving young offenders.
- McAllister added that his scheme had helped young offenders convicted of robbery and burglary face up to the consequences of their crimes.
- I would like to see ways of supporting young offenders within the criminal system but outside of jail.