- • dated A formula used to end a letter.More example sentences
- It was an age when letters routinely ended with formulae like ‘I beg to remain your obedient servant’ although the writer had no wish to do anything of the kind.
- I have the honour to remain, Ma'am, your obedient servant,
- They all signed off any official communication to any ordinary citizen with, ‘I am your obedient servant.’
More definitions of your obedient servantDefinition of your obedient servant in:
- The US English dictionary