noun (plural same)
- The basic monetary unit of China, equal to 10 jiao or 100 fen.More example sentences
- Today, they are still sending production to China as the yuan and the dollar weaken.
- These pressures are also raising the cost of keeping the yuan pegged to the dollar.
- Maybe China will allow the yuan to float by 2008 if it is able to complete its financial reforms in time.
Chinese, literally 'round'; compare with yen1.
More definitions of YuanDefinition of yuan in:
- The US English dictionary