- A small white American moth which lays its eggs in the ovary of a yucca plant. While doing so it deposits a ball of pollen on the stigma, thereby fertilizing the seeds on which the larvae feed.
More example sentences
- Genus Tegeticula, family Incurvariidae: several species, in particular T. yuccasella
- This small moth is completely dependent on the yucca plant for its existence, and the yucca plant is completely dependent on the yucca moth for its survival.
- Early fruit abortion is a major mortality factor to the yucca moth's progeny, and the female can increase retention by providing high-quality pollinations.
More definitions of yucca mothDefinition of yucca moth in:
- The US English dictionary