- A feeling of horror, revulsion, or disgust generated by an aspect of an idea, action, situation, etc.: water recycling is problematic even aside from the yuck factor of drinking purified sewageMore example sentences
- When it comes to thinking about how to regulate the science, the best test may be the "yuck factor."
- Orange County residents went through that yuck factor when they started to recycling sewage this year.
- Note the similarity to the yuck factor used to justify banning cloning and other biotech/biomedical innovations.
More definitions of yuck factorDefinition of yuck factor in:
- The US English dictionary