(also yuppie disease)
- informal derogatory term for chronic fatigue syndrome.More example sentences
- Because they have no obvious biological cause, some doctors and researchers dismissed them in the past as hysteria or the ‘yuppie flu.’
- Once called the ‘yuppie flu’, there has been a history of prejudice and scepticism about ME, among some in the medical profession as well as ordinary people.
- Women are being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in huge numbers and yet the illness is still called ‘yuppie flu’ and treated with anti-depressants.
More definitions of yuppie fluDefinition of yuppie flu in:
- The US English dictionary