Definition of yuppify in English:
verb (yuppifies, yuppifying, yuppified)[with object] informal, derogatory
Make more affluent and upmarket in keeping with the taste and lifestyle of yuppies: Kreuzberg is slowly being yuppified with smart little eating places
More example sentences
- So can you please now cease and desist with your ever-growing trend to try and yuppify the names of dull, everyday things?
- I ran down to the port at Leith, which has all been yuppified and is pretty nice, and just explored around there.
- His lament that the Cafe is now multi-ethnic, mainstream, and yuppified is shared by other interviewees.
- Example sentences
- Anyone who's experienced the soaring rents in Mile-End knows the yuppification of the area has been well under way for some time.
- Over Christmas, I wrote a piece lamenting the yuppification of the Hotel Brunswick.
- The Brookmore rooming house was a two story brick building that had escaped the yuppification of skid row.
Definition of yuppify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.