A notional list of the least celebrated or sought-after members of a group, especially in the entertainment industry: [as modifier]: Z-list celebrities who are famous for being famous
More example sentences
- Readers may imagine that news outlets are packed with stories about Z-list celebrities to attract audiences.
- Firstly, we have the talking heads syndrome, where a bunch of z-list celebrities get to pontificate about their favourite TV moments for our benefit.
- And also because every Z-list fly-by-night now has a complete set of branded luggage and she's a snob.
- Example sentences
- What are the causes of becoming an A-lister rather than a Z-lister?
- Help, I'm a Z-lister, get me publicity.
- Who says I'm a Z-lister?
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Z-list
Definition of Z-list in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.