Definition of zeolite in English:
Any of a large group of minerals consisting of hydrated aluminosilicates of sodium, potassium, calcium, and barium. They can be readily dehydrated and rehydrated, and are used as cation exchangers and molecular sieves.
- The junction pockets are commonly lined with quartz and calcite upon which zeolites and associated minerals crystallize.
- In the 1970s and 1980s collectors and dealers reported on the zeolites and associated minerals from the Deccan Traps.
- Four locations in the Wolf Creek Pass area produce a diverse suite of zeolites and associated mineral species that occur as attractive specimens.
- Example sentences
- The minerals found in Maharashtra are mostly zeolites, some of which occur as tiny tube fillings, spherules, nodules, and patches of zeolitic material in basalt.
- The natural zeolitic minerals, composed of aluminum and silicon, are a billion-dollar-a-year industry.
- In our research unit, the zeolitic and mesoporous materials are synthesized mainly via hydrothermal method.
Definition of zeolite in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.