A spot on the skin.
- Where were the black rimmed glasses, the transparently white skin, the insufferable rash of zits that should be covering his face?
- One unwashed individual came out with a rash of zits.
- I look at the photo of me at sixteen with dyed black hair and a zit on my chin and think, ‘why did they let me out in public?’
- Example sentences
- I guess I fancied her a bit back in the 1980s (I was a zitty teen), but now she looks like someone's embarrassing mother.
- I'm this zitty 13 year old with B.O., an insufferable know-it-all attitude (and massive insecurity right underneath) and greasy hair.
- Nine hours of sitting and staring at zitty adolescents scribbling away can drive you mad.
1960s: of unknown origin; apparently originally teenagers' slang in North American English.
Words that rhyme with zitacquit, admit, backlit, bedsit, befit, bit, Brit, Britt, chit, commit, demit, dit, emit, fit, flit, frit, git, grit, hit, intermit, it, kit, knit, legit, lickety-split, lit, manumit, mishit, mitt, nit, omit, outsit, outwit, permit, pit, Pitt, pretermit, quit, remit, retrofit, sit, skit, slit, snit, spit, split, sprit, squit, submit, transmit, twit, whit, wit, writ
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: zit
Definition of zit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.