- A mole rat of eastern Asia that builds up large food stores in its burrows, found in high-altitude grasslands.
More example sentences
- Genus Myospalax, family Muridae: six species
- Many species of birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians seek refuge and breed in zokor burrows.
- This study supported the hypothesis that plateau zokor kept their gut capacity stable in the natural environment.
- Meanwhile the field investigation also showed that soil hardness affected the distribution of the zokor.
a local name in the Altai Mountains.