- 1Divided into zones, in particular (of land) designated for a particular type of use or development: zoned housing landMore example sentences
- There is no public sewage scheme and no zoned development lands around the village.
- The Department of the Environment aims to increase the supply of zoned housing land to 475,474 house units by June 2006.
- Mr. Swan explained the council found it wasn't possible to buy any land within the zoned town area and had to look beyond this area.
- 2chiefly Botany & Zoology Marked with circles or bands of colour: strongly zoned leavesMore example sentences
- Multiple phases of zoned calcite are common, often truncated by a major dissolution surface overgrown by a late, granular calcite.
- Brandberg has been producing thousands of gemmy, zoned amethyst crystals, and a new area was found in the Erongo Mountains for schorl, aquamarine, and topaz.
- The zoned crystals with unaltered pink cores resembled the classic watermelon pieces pictured in Hamlin.
- 3US • informal Under the influence of drugs or alcohol: she’s zoned on downers a zoned-out hippieMore example sentences
- Maybe when she got dressed she was too zoned to notice that she grabbed her dress from the Juniors rack.
- He seemed really zoned out, on a different planet or something.
- She stared at me with her zoned-out look.
More definitions of zonedDefinition of zoned in:
- The US English dictionary