- A spore of certain algae, fungi, and protozoans, capable of swimming by means of a flagellum. Also called swarmer.More example sentences
- Even multicellular chromists, like brown algae and water molds, produce flagellated zoospores of this type.
- Oedogonium grows in two different ways, through zoospores, or through syngamy of sperm and egg.
- This suggests that infected host cells were negatively selected by the parasite zoospores under these conditions.
More definitions of zoosporeDefinition of zoospore in:
- The US English dictionary