- An exuberant style of popular music combining Caribbean and Western elements and having a fast heavy beat.More example sentences
- Over three days and nights, popular Creole musical forms such as cadence-lypso, compass, zouk, soukous, and bouyon ring out alongside Creole-influenced reggae and soca.
- For openers, there was the French ensemble Les Alizes, playing zouk on steel.
- Hints of zouk, samba and electroclash rear their groovy heads through a parade of infectious Afro-housers.
1970s: Guadeloupian Creole, literally 'to party'.
More definitions of zoukDefinition of zouk in:
- The US English dictionary