- A rich Italian dessert resembling trifle.More example sentences
- One unmissable ingredients for an authentic zuppa inglese is a shockingly hued liqueur called alkermes, which imparts a bright pinkish red colour to the sponge.
- Considering that zuppa inglese is neither a soup nor English, it is not hard to conclude that few dishes have ever been as badly misnamed.
- Before serving decorate the zuppa inglese with whipped cream.
Italian, literally 'English soup'.
More definitions of zuppa ingleseDefinition of zuppa inglese in:
- The US English dictionary