- A kind of black American dance music originally from southern Louisiana, typically featuring accordion and guitar.More example sentences
- She'd grown up in Lafayette, Louisiana, to the sounds of country music and zydeco.
- American roots music is a collective name for the various music genres such as country, blues, gospel, folk, bluegrass, Cajun, zydeco, Tejano, and Native American.
- Is it the sounds of jazz or funk or zydeco wafting out of neighborhood bars?
1960s: Louisiana Creole, possibly from a pronunciation of French les haricots in a dance-tune title.
More definitions of zydecoDefinition of zydeco in:
- The US English dictionary