Sinónimos de stand en inglés:
stand by someone/something
- 1 she had stood by him during his years in prison[Antónimos] abandon
- no further action was required and all units stood down[Antónimos] stand byrelax, stand easy, come off full alert
- I'll stand in as coach Brown stood in for the injured Simpsondeputize, act, act as deputy, substitute, act as substitute, act as stand-in, fill in, sit in, do duty, take over, act as understudy, act as locum, do a locum, be a proxy, cover, provide cover, hold the fort, step into the breach;take the place of, do something in someone's place/stead, replace, relieve, take over from, understudyNorth American pinch-hit
- 2 in that dress she stood out in the crowdbe noticeable, be noticed, be visible, be seen, be obvious, be conspicuous, stick out, be striking, be distinctive, be prominent, attract attention, catch the eye, leap out, show up[Antónimos] be inconspicuous
stand someone up
- she threw eggs over his car after he stood her upfail to keep a date with, fail to meet, fail to keep an appointment with, fail to turn up for, jilt, let down
stand up for someone/something
- we should stand up for our great tradition of parliamentary democracy[Antónimos] abandon
stand up to someone/something
sustantivoVolver al principio
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia