not know someone from Adam
- Not know or be completely unable to recognize the person in question: I wouldn’t know my stepbrother from AdamMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There's nothing more transparent than a politician smiling and greeting you like a long lost friend when you know well he doesn't know you from Adam.
- If you bank in the high street the person behind the counter doesn't know you from Adam.
- And despite the fact that he doesn't know me from Adam, he is prepared to trust me with all that money.
from Hebrew 'āḏām 'man', later taken to be a name.
Más definiciones de AdamDefinición de Adam en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.