Definición de Africanism en inglés:
1A feature of language or culture regarded as characteristically African.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So how might we see Africanisms, or African cultural traits, in the material record here?
- While it recalls the Africanisms associated with adapting to new roles, language, and land, it also invigorates cultural consciousness.
- In 1949, his seminal research in Africanisms in the Gullah Dialect detailed the ways African languages impacted American English.
2 [mass noun] The belief that black Africans and their culture should predominate in Africa: some proclaim a policy of non-racialism, others a more racially exclusive one of Africanism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Narrow and all defined tribal loyalties are an obstacle towards embracing a broader sense of nationalism, Africanism, and democracy.
- But they were not offering a black version of exclusive white South Africanism - whites as well as blacks were part of the nation.
- Another aspect of their Africanism is intellectual, a conscious stance that systematically questions the Western perspective on reality.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Why does nobody care about blacks’ was a recent headline in the self-professed Africanist magazine.
- It has received extraordinary attention in the media and has brought contemporary African art to the notice of the non-Africanist museum and gallery goer while at the same time sparking lively discussion among Africanist art scholars.
- Research activism of this kind was found most visibly in the attacks on diasporic Africanist scholars.
Pronunciación: /ˈafrɪkənɪst/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de Africanism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda