Definición de Afrikaner en inglés:
1An Afrikaans-speaking white person in South Africa, especially one descended from the Dutch and Huguenot settlers of the 17th century.
- In my academic posting here I report a study of South African Afrikaners (whites of Dutch origin).
- After 1845, the Pedi also had to contend with an influx of white Afrikaner settlers, some of whom seized Pedi children and forced them to work as slaves.
- Key innovators were often British settlers, but Afrikaners, still the predominant landowners, were drawn into the commercial pastoral economy.
- Example sentences
- They represented our country with the notion that Afrikanerdom and the Lord would get them through.
- His role as lecturer in what was a bastion of Afrikanerdom is of fairly recent origin.
- This rule by the generals was wholly unacceptable to the great notables of Afrikanerdom.
Definición de Afrikaner en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan