Definición de Agnatha en inglés:
A group of primitive jawless vertebrates which includes the lampreys, hagfishes, and many fossil fishlike forms. Compare with cyclostome.
- Superclass Agnatha: the living forms are in the classes Myxini (hagfishes) and Cephalaspidomorphi (lampreys)
- Here, we use the sequences of 35 nuclear protein-encoding genes to provide definitive evidence for the monophyly of the Agnatha (jawless vertebrates, a group encompassing the hagfishes and lampreys).
- The earliest fossil vertebrates belong to a group called the Agnatha or jawless vertebrates.
- In modern classification schemes, living vertebrates consist of two main groups, the jawless Agnatha (represented by hagfishes and lampreys) and the jawed Gnathostomata.
agnathan sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Modern vertebrates are classified into two major groups, the gnathostomes (jawed vertebrates) and the agnathans (jawless vertebrates).
- Above all, the appearance of diverse chordates and agnathans greatly expands our knowledge of the Cambrian explosion.
- Sufficient articulated material exists to show that these animals were agnathans (jawless vertebrates), with a bony exoskeleton, and they appear to have inhabited shallow-marine environments.
Definición de Agnatha en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan