Definición de Agnus Dei en inglés:
1A figure of a lamb bearing a cross or flag, as an emblem of Christ.
- In the tympanum itself there is an Agnus Dei in a medallion supported by two archangels, Gabriel and Michael.
- It suggests considerable unawareness of his danger that, when taken, he was wearing an Agnus Dei and in possession of a papal bull.
- This year's ornament, featuring the Agnus Dei, or Lamb of God, art-work from the Archabbey Basilica.
2 Christian Church An invocation beginning with the words ‘Lamb of God’ forming a set part of the Mass.
- The distinct and condensed formula of the Agnus Dei itself, however, was not apparently introduced into the Mass until the year 687, when Pope Sergius I decreed that during the fraction of the Host both clergy and people should sing the Agnus Dei.
- Thus, the norm for the United States continues the practice of kneeling down after the Agnus Dei, unless a bishop establishes, for his entire diocese, the practice of remaining standing.
- The ceremony of blessing takes place after the Agnus Dei (Lamb of God) of the Mass.
2.1A musical setting of the Agnus Dei.
- Many readers will know that Barber's Adagio for Strings originally was part of a string quartet, but they might not know that Barber later arranged it for unaccompanied chorus as an Agnus Dei.
- This "anthology of sacred choral music" spans 400 years and includes such masterpieces as Allegri's Miserere, Bach's "Jesu, joy of man's desiring," and Barber's exquisite Agnus Dei.
- He didn't complete more than three movements: a Sanctus, a Benedictus, and an Agnus Dei.
late Middle English: from Latin, literally 'Lamb of God'.
Definición de Agnus Dei en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan