- A test to determine the mutagenic activity of chemicals by observing whether they cause mutations in sample bacteria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is also mutagenic, as demonstrated by the Ames test.
- There is no evidence of mutagenic activity in animal experiments or in the Ames test.
- Animal cancer tests and the Ames test led to much public concern about the contribution to human cancer of synthetic chemicals, including pesticides, in food and the environment.
1970s: named after Bruce N. Ames (born 1928), the American biochemist who devised it.
Más definiciones de Ames testDefinición de Ames test en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.